The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Hook

andy m8 it was fitted in october . :) i think 3 months is a little excessive no matter how busy they are lol.

OOps.... Don't think they'll be back :(

"Coops" Did they lag the boilers condensate pipe on the outside? If not, and its the usual 21mm overflow pipe, i'd recommend that you do.

Yep, i'll join the club. My problem is simply that our boiler has stopped heating the water. Central Heating (radiators) are fine but we now only get luke warm water. We did turn the radiators off as we thought it the boiler may have been working overtime to keep them hot but this didn't seem to solve the problem. Any ideas???

model of boiler and age . ?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a corgi gas man in the S6 area who doesnt charge call out. My dad reckons we need a new thermocoupling (sp?) as the pilot light wont stay lit. Rubbish time of year for it to happen as i have got a baby.

Thanks

Rach

the thermocouple is a pretty easy job to do DIY.

the part is only a coulpe of quid (well, less then £10).

if you cant get anyone to sort it, give me a shout on PM.

im not corgi but am a builder and have changed quite a few.

i think from b&Q they are about 6 pound go buy a universal thermocouple they fit most boilers but not the newer 1`s . :)

beware though it may be the high limit stat which works with the thermocouple or it maybe a special 1 that incorporates a high limit stat... DO NOT BYPASS how ever tempted this is the protection for the heat exchange over heating...

I think we have a major problem with our combi boiler as whenever we run the hot water some water is coming out of the bottom of the boiler. It is getting worse every day :(

The boiler is quite new, but has been nothing but trouble, with two new mother boards, new valves, new thermister thingys and all sorts - I have lost track. We really don't have any money to spare at the moment to mend it again, so could anyone tell me if this problem is likely to be dangerous, or is it something we can safely ignore for a while, with a pan underneath to catch the drips?

Archived