The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Hook

people like the glow worm name but i personally hate them they are a budget boiler and very temperamental. is it not under warranty if new ?

if it was me join the british gas 3 star scheme because i think you may have a friday afternoon boiler that will cost the earth over the years. :)

or spend to save ? buy a baxi and ditch the glow worm . :(

It is very complicated as it was fitted free by my husbands uncle in 2001, and we have called them out several times every year since, and each time they do it free - that might sound ideal but we feel very embarassed and don't want to call them out again.

I think you are right, it is the friday afternoon boiler! It cost us loads last year when the temp stuck on high and our gas bills were humungeous.

How much would it cost to replace, do you have any idea? We might be best getting a loan to replace it and cutting our losses. We are really seriously skint, unfortunately :(

Thanks for your help :)

It is far too much money for us at the moment though, and I don't want to go into debt, so far we have always paid for things or gone without.

We really couldn't ask his uncle to do any more, it is too embarassing being the poor relations.

How much would it cost to mend the one we have got at the moment if we call someone out, do you have any idea?

Sorry to keep asking questions :)

Archived