Fox Road - Upperthorpe anyone remember that?

I think I remember it being quite a steep road and think it was terraced with the fronts being directly onto the pavements.

I have a friend that lived on there a few years ago so I will ask her when I can.:thumbsup: I didn't realise it was now demolished.

I apparantly lived there, now demolished. Does anyone have any recollection of these houses?

most of the houses on Fox Road were demolished in the late sixties as part of the "slum clearance ", they were just ordinary terraced houses and a few back to back houses . Fox Road was and still is reasonably flat from Daniel Hill up to Whitehouse Lane (which is a steep hill). Hope this helps you

. Fox Road was and still is reasonably flat from Daniel Hill up to Whitehouse Lane (which is a steep hill).

Yes sorry it was another one of her addresses in Firth Park that was the steep one.

Must be this heat frazzling my brain.:)

Yes sorry it was another one of her addresses in Firth Park that was the steep one.

Must be this heat frazzling my brain.:)

that's ok Joan, I wasn't saying it to disagree with you. I think it must be the hot weather that's doing the frazzling , mine is the same !! :hihi:

Fox, the winter time was worse when you had to go down the yard in the freezing cold .

Don't recall any ghosts though :hihi:

FRom Whitehouse lane to the top of the hill normal terraced houses. on the brow nothing but waste land to the bottom of the hillroad which was the short spur (opposite the wall near Daniel hill school) that continued down.

On the From Sommerville Terrace side all the way over were Terraced houses that you had to go up steps to and the coal hole was set into the front wall.

I recall the outside toilet, and can't remember a bath :P - Mum says we deffo had a ghost (apparantly he knocked the electricity meter off the wall in the cellar)

Does the road still exist or has it gone completely?

• 1 month later...

Archived