Good/Bad restaurants in Sheffield

Guest Guest

It's at Millhouses on the corner of Archer Road. I used to really like it there but went about 18 months ago and the food was very average and the service terrible. I was really disappointed and have not been back since. I keep thinking we should give it a try again as we live nearby, but can think of Italians i would rather go to so somewhere else always wins

Bad:

Ask Pizza, Division Street

I feel the pizza's are greatly over priced (around £7-8 each) and also the service tends to be very slow. It's one of the few restaurants in the City centre and therefore it's often very busy - but don't let this trick you in to thinking it's good.

Good:

Piccolos, West Street

Lovely little Italian restaurant. It doesn't look that spectacular from the outside, but once you get inside you will find a friendly and cosy restaurant. The staff are great and the food is authentic. I really recommend the garlic bread for a starter - it's not what you'd expect!

What are you favourite/worst restaurants in town?

ASK are absolutely awful. I went in there one night and they said we would have to wait for a table even though only two tables were occupied.

After about half an hour we were taken to a table. We waited half an hour for a drink because apparently emptying the dishwasher was more important. We walked out.

Favourites are that Owls restaurant in Hillsborough who's name I can't remember, Tequila's tapas are very good, the service in Tequila's is very good too.

I like 'All Bar One' too. They prove chains don't have to be bad.

i've been to the one in dronfield but hated it too, i actually worked at the one in buxton before, the place is clean, especially the kitchen and food is very authentic. the green curry you get there is fully homemade, most other shops will serve it from the packet or some ready made sauce. if you know your green curry then its a good place to try.

All the true Thai restaurants in Sheffield and Chesterfield i.e. thai owned, with thai chefs, most definitely make their own green curry. Why you would think they don't, I can't imagine. Most of the chefs come from the top hotels in Bangkok or the expensive resorts. They have years of training they wouldn't know how to not do it properly.

not all of them unfortunately, the ones that i know are just some dude being trained by the present cook sadly. there are only a handful of them who were cooks originally from thailand. and by the way if they used to cook in hotels in bangkok then you are sure that they suck. in thailand all the good food are from the market or some hole or road side. hotel food is just expensive and overated.

you guys remember bahn nah? i used to work there as the starter chef. guess what the cook is this little boy that the owners shipped from a farm. he didnt know **** and was thought everything he knew. they cooked everything using mae ploy sauces so where is the authenticity?

not all of them unfortunately, the ones that i know are just some dude being trained by the present cook sadly. there are only a handful of them who were cooks originally from thailand. and by the way if they used to cook in hotels in bangkok then you are sure that they suck. in thailand all the good food are from the market or some hole or road side. hotel food is just expensive and overated.

you guys remember bahn nah? i used to work there as the starter chef. guess what the cook is this little boy that the owners shipped from a farm. he didnt know **** and was thought everything he knew. they cooked everything using mae ploy sauces so where is the authenticity?

The first part of your post is rubbish. Given that there are only 5 Thai restaurants in Sheff/Chest, I think you'd better name the ones without a proper Thai chef

On your second point Bahn Nah is no longer, and not before time, if you were involved in anything they produced then you shouldn't be commenting on other restaurants.

I went several times over the last 10 or 15 years, the first time was rubbish after that it got worse.

erm i actually hated bahn nah cuz the owner was a biatch. i actually think they were really bad. plus as i have mentioned earlier just go to the one in buxton since i cant vouch for the rest of them. siam inter has its days. some days its extremely good while other days its just as bad as bahn thai. so its really up to you where you want to go. i certainly wouldnt waste my time in either. thai at the travellers is the only one i havent been and have not heard much amongst thais here in sheffield. the one in dronfield is crap too.

if you really wanted excellent thai food then goto Addie's on Earl Court in London, well if you ever go down that way. its really close to the intersection of gloucester road and earl's court. as you exit earl's court station turn left walk all the way and its near the end of the intersection. i am sure there are closer one but that is the best ever place to go for thai food that i would recomend.

Good: Bahn Thai

Wong Ting

Aargh (spelling) in leopold square town

Rafters

Zegumas

Bad.

mangla ( trading on past glory, prices went up and quality has gone down, Aurthentic if you think half a pint of red hot palm oil is a must have in your dish.)

Aroma to much bling ave to poor food

Vietnamese Noodle bar.

Mama's and leonies

Archived