Good/Bad restaurants in Sheffield

Guest Guest

I called at the Flouch Thai restaurant this evening. I'd not been for about a year, the meal was excellent and better than my previous visits, it's a bit of a treck for me but I think I will start going more often.

We went to Marco at Milano this evening for the first time. It's absolutely top notch and couldn't be faulted for the high quality of ingredients, service and preparation. It's a nice space too, deceptively small looking from the outside. I would love to go back on a warm evening and eat outside on their terraces.

The best restaurant in Sheffield that I have been to.

Milanos had a less than successful start in life, after a very expensive fit out by the nonnas crowd, it never met its expectations. Marco after a break from Rossis decided to move back into restaurants. His battle to renew the trade lost by the failing Milanos, probably took longer than he anticipated. But his hard work has paid off, although I've not been for a couple of years, the last time I was there it was excellent. A credit to Marco and his staff, and probably as good as any restaurant in Sheffield, perhaps the best.

the scores on the doors thing is for hygine standards. and then it often is odd, a place can be very clean and you will loses marks for not having evidence of processes in , place like training quizs for pot washers and so on.

i heard you can even lose marks for selling unpasturised cheese, so posh places like milanios would say loose marks for a selling good pecorrino (spelling)

Archived