Royce gracie seminar

hi 2 one & all, i'm posting this message 4 STEVE MARSDEN of

Royce Gracie Yorkshire/Derbyshire

" I would like to thank every one who attended the Royce Gracie seminar for making it such a success. I have had many e-mails and phone calls from people saying much they enjoyed Royce's teaching.

A grading from Royce is very special and to be proud of. Royce graded people to brown belt who had been training for more than 7 years. Also, 2 people graded to blue who had been training for nearly 3 years.

Royce Gracie is one of the legendary greats of martial arts and especially Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu. He proved why by showing basic techniques for beginners that were easy to understand and execute and for more advanced people little corrections of technique that made all the difference. For instance, a small change to the dropping inside collar throw was new to everyone on the mat and by putting the hand on the other side of the head to the one traditionally taught it made it a lot more difficult to defend the throw. The glory is in the detail.

The seminar was a friendly event and Royce commented on the friendliness of everyone on the mat and that he was made to feel very welcome.

this will become a regular event, at least twice a year in sheffield, and Royce's brother is also coming over in september.

Kind Regards,

Steve

For info call Steve on 07879662251"

I second all that monkeyman!!!

Royce is a ****ing legend. To have him even wipe snot from his nose with your belt is an honour itself let alone to have him grade you to blue belt or better still (such as in your case) give you stripes on your belt.

Give my regards to Steve.

Farhad

hi 2 one & all, i'm posting this message 4 STEVE MARSDEN of

Royce Gracie Yorkshire/Derbyshire

" I would like to thank every one who attended the Royce Gracie seminar for making it such a success. I have had many e-mails and phone calls from people saying much they enjoyed Royce's teaching.

A grading from Royce is very special and to be proud of. Royce graded people to brown belt who had been training for more than 7 years. Also, 2 people graded to blue who had been training for nearly 3 years.

Royce Gracie is one of the legendary greats of martial arts and especially Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu. He proved why by showing basic techniques for beginners that were easy to understand and execute and for more advanced people little corrections of technique that made all the difference. For instance, a small change to the dropping inside collar throw was new to everyone on the mat and by putting the hand on the other side of the head to the one traditionally taught it made it a lot more difficult to defend the throw. The glory is in the detail.

The seminar was a friendly event and Royce commented on the friendliness of everyone on the mat and that he was made to feel very welcome.

this will become a regular event, at least twice a year in sheffield, and Royce's brother is also coming over in september.

Kind Regards,

Steve

For info call Steve on 07879662251"

Just a shame not everyone was as welcome. :rolleyes: Oh well hopefully next time.

Lets get something positive on this post!!!!!

3 of the Gracie Barra UK instructors as well as loads more from around the world recently entered the Mudials one of the biggest competitions in the bjj calendar and not to be missed by the elite.

Roger Gracie won gold his weight class and silver in the absolute!

Braulio Estima won gold in his weight class!

Legarto won bronze in his weight class!

Gracie Barra came 2nd in the whole comp:thumbsup:

This can only be a positive thing for bjj in this country.

All of these guys are regulars at Gracie Barra Sheffield and we are looking forward to holding seminars with them all when the return home.

WELL DONE GUYS

Archived