Where to take the kids?

the trek down into monsal dale from monsal head is great for kids who like a bit of adventure ... with the small river, the weir to play on and the cows who wander up and down (they dont come tooooo close!) its a great day out. you need trainers/shoes to go the rough route ... or i beleive you can go down the road way.

we have our next 6 weeks planned with lots of days out - but have to say it is so much easier having a car. i passed my test in march, and previous summers have been a nightmare trying to plan stuff around buses/trains etc...this summer we are just going to dump a picnic in the car and go where we fancy that day!

other places we are planning to go are bamford, bakewell, hathersage, all the parks in sheffield, as well as to the coast and up to the lake district, money permitting! having a 9 year old girl and 5 year old twin boys, all they need to make them happy are a picnic, water and an icecream :)

Archived