Where to take the kids?

thanks for the info, but where is that?:)

I remember going to burbage brook as a kid ( is this the same place?)

I can't even remember where it is.

ive never heard of burbage brook, but upper burbage bridge is to be found if you just drive straight up Ringinglow Rd, pass Norfolk Arms, and its about another mile, theres a bigish car park, always an ice cream van. :)

Bradfield's nice , village has a park/cricket pitch, kids can paddle, feed ducks, there is a small play area. Great walks around Agden and Dale Dyke, min used to love it as a bit adventurous. Always an ice cream van near the park and the Old Horns is great for a lunchtime drink and some lunch if you've got any money.

Rother valley country park, big play area but you have to pay, nice walk around the water. Good for cycling with younger kids if you can get bikes in the car.

Canon Hall Farm Park, great day out for under 11's, can be a bit expensive, take a picnic.

Don't know about buses to these places

ive never heard of burbage brook, but upper burbage bridge is to be found if you just drive straight up Ringinglow Rd, pass Norfolk Arms, and its about another mile, theres a bigish car park, always an ice cream van. :)

http://www.peakdistrict-education.gov.uk/Fact%20Sheets/fz13bur.htm

Yes it is the same place I went, I am going to take the kids in the hols.

Hey, a new play centre has just opened up in sheffield, Jungle mania. It's a great few hours where they can burn off lots of energy running around while you get to relax! its 3.50 for 2 hours and just down the road from centertainment. (well if you come from centretainment down the dual carriageway you keep going till u get to Mc donalds and turn left and its the blue building - if u reach B&Q youve gone too far!)

Rivelin is fantastic. Great country walks and fabulous paddling pools and play area for the kids. Good cafe and some fishing near by.

But outside Sheffiled - Clifton Park in Rotherham is a good day out. Huge paddling pool and really clean, play area, cheapish rides for the little ones and a museum.

Def worth a visit.

Archived