Does anyone remember Mr Gundry ...

richpc

Things changed after Mrs Thorpe left and the new Headteacher arrived . He is very focused on results and targets and league tables - as all Heads are these days - but to the point of obsession ! He can't interact with children very well either and has made some very strange choices of promotion within the school . So many of the older and more experienced teachers left soon after he arrived - which speaks volumes ! Yes , it is a shame because Greenhill School was, in my opinion, the best Primary school in Sheffield and I was proud for my children to have gone there.

Things changed after Mrs Thorpe left and the new Headteacher arrived . He is very focused on results and targets and league tables - as all Heads are these days - but to the point of obsession ! He can't interact with children very well either and has made some very strange choices of promotion within the school . So many of the older and more experienced teachers left soon after he arrived - which speaks volumes ! Yes , it is a shame because Greenhill School was, in my opinion, the best Primary school in Sheffield and I was proud for my children to have gone there.

I am really sad to hear this. I had kind of hoped that my children would go there too once they reach school age. I guess the good times left with Mrs Thorpe then? :(

I think so sadly - but the school still has a good reputation locally I think . I am told that people still move into the area so they are in the catchment area - so it can't all be bad ! I am just remembering how things used to be and I suppose nothing stays the same for long ! Shame though !

There was only ever one teacher that I actually disliked and her name has completely gone out of my head now. But she was pretty scary! I think she was only there for a year.

Mrs Finbow was lovely but Mrs Calvert was my favourite ( I was soooooo her little pet ;) ) x

All my kids were taught by Mrs Calvert and they all loved her ! Mrs Finbow was one of the ones who left soon after the present boss arrived . I think she had a lot of input with the children with SENs

Archived