Does anyone remember Mr Gundry ...

richpc

Miss maynard taught french and was a great story teller , a really nice person , no mrs haynes was elderly and retired in 1984, i think she lived o westwick road and drove an old triamph car:)

All my kids were taught by Mrs Calvert and they all loved her ! Mrs Finbow was one of the ones who left soon after the present boss arrived . I think she had a lot of input with the children with SENs

When were your kids at Greenhill School?

Was it Mrs Behan or something like that? Was she the one who used to complain that everyone sounded like a bunch of wet cabbages when they sang, or am I mixing schools up..?!

I really liked Mr Hawksworth, Mrs Finbow, Mrs Thorpe and Mrs Jones. Mrs Baker the school secretary was lovely too :D

It's a shame if the school's changed as you say, I always liked it there. I didn't want to leave to go to Meadowhead at all!

Forgot to say... yes, I do remember Mr Gundry, he was my teacher in the last year. I always remember when he sat down on a chalk drawing (of fireworks I think) one day and when he stood up, he had them all over his bum... oops.

I was their the very first day it opened and it was marvellous, everything spanking new, and the school dinners were wonderful, on Coronation Day we ate ice-cream and were given presents of mugs,pencil cases etc. Cannot remember any of the teacher,s except a Mrs. Parker who we had to go and read to every week as a test, she was very frightning, a lot of the children would be sick or wet them selves, Oh happy days!!!!!!!

Archived