Rap Music

Lestat

Alright there Letstat ! We spin a lot of hip hop at Phonetics, sats at Element...british / US / a touch of French - old and new stuff - it's mixed up with other stuff throughout the night but you should hear enough hip hop on most Phonetics nights to keep ur neck bobbing.

Cheers

I think there's a place called Orchid or orchis or something in the basement of a place called Ice Bar... I think... I've only been there once and I was highly intoxicated, but I think they were playing reggae when I went, but they may have one night out of the seven that will cater to your rap loving ways....

Quite rare to find a place that does decent Hip Hop really, not found many.

I was in the Showroom a few months back though and he was playing some top old school, by the time he played LL Cool J's "jack the ripper" I had to go and shake the man's hand, haha

I went to see Gza Genius from Wu Tang Clan at Corporation on Monday. Gza himself was fantastic but the night lacked promotion so the turn out was very poor. Eurogang played who I must say were pretty ****e. They wouldn't give my friend an interview either which isn't going to help boost their reputation as he's now written a review slating them. It's a shame corporation didn't do a better job promoting the night as I'm sure if they had of done so the place would have been packed.

Archived