Good pub in peaks for child friendly beer garden and decent food

guest121

The food at the Dore Moore never fails to impress. The Peacock just up from Totley is also very good.

Can you sit outside and eat at these two? And, do you mean the Peacock at Owler Bar? If so, do they have tables anywhere else rather than the fourish at the front of the pub facing the road? Thanks!

The Rambler's Inn (I think it's called) at Edale - and you can get the train there, so you don't even have to argue over the car keys ;)

Thanks Strix for this little gem!!! We'd never heard of this place so went there last night - what can I say....

The kids loved it - there was a BBQ going selling 'instant food' burgers, sausages and wraps for £3 & up- there was 'sweetie' (mini eggs, minstrels etc) machines just inside the main doors for 20p.

The gardens were lovely and although it was very busy (primarily with walkers) it did not seem overcrowded and despite the cloudy evening it was still pleasantly warm. There were some patio heaters for the cooler evenings on the upper level seating area!

Thankyou Strix :thumbsup:

The Website was also useful too - The Rambler Inn

Thanks Strix for this little gem!!! We'd never heard of this place so went there last night - what can I say....

The kids loved it - there was a BBQ going selling 'instant food' burgers, sausages and wraps for £3 & up- there was 'sweetie' (mini eggs, minstrels etc) machines just inside the main doors for 20p.

Glad you enjoyed it Shiesh :thumbsup:

Any idea what nights/days the barbecue is on, and is it on all summer?

Perhaps that's because they can get about a dozen picnic tables on a patch of grass that would be occupied by a slide and a set of swings, and fill them with beer and food buying customers, instead of kids who are too busy playing to consume anything the pub has to offer?

Supply and demand really.

Most of the kids I see in pubs in the peaks are glad of a sit down, after being dragged over a mountain in a pair of trainers and a fashion jacket or hoodie, by a dad equipped up to the eyeballs (and not a spot of mud on him) :suspect:

Would really prefer to keep this info to myself to make sure I always have a table there but for the good of you all I suppose I should tell you that The Stag on Psalter Lane has recently changed hands. Gone are the filthy play area, reheated chicken nuggets, dirty toilets and tasteless food to be replaced by a clean play area with plenty of seating, very helpful staff and best of all no kids menu, you simply choose a half portion from the real menu. and the food tastes great too. Get yourselves down there, and there's a bus stop (no. 3/4) right outside.

Archived