Chequers Pub Coal Aston

Kashul

The Chequers, I've had a bad meal there, albeit a couple of years ago. These days, the minute I see "Wacky Warehouse' I drive on! The Blackamoor takes the biscuit, where I was charged 50p each for Yorkshire Pudding on the Sunday Roast, listed as 'Sundries'. The Amraj at Crystal Peaks on New Years Eve charged a group of 4 of us £14.70 service charge on a Buffet?? Is there knowhere worth going now???

Maybe i don't have very high standards, but I've not had a problem with the chequers. Again, you get what you pay for, but as a place to go if you cant be bothered to cook its fine by me.

The food is adequate, the service ok, it does exactley what it says on the tin, so to speak.

the peacock is very good but yuo will pay more for this. a good place to go is the waggon and horses at millhouses very good food and a very nice landlady. she was very helpfull and very pleasent. one of our meals came and it was'nt to spec so she then appologised prefusely and then set about dragging the chef back in to the kitchen throwing the meal at him and with in 5 minutes the meal was back and it was to the highest of standards. the food is reasonably priced and was a very entertaining meal. if the chef from the waggon is on this site England won 5-0.:thumbsup:

We went to The Chequers recently too and had no problem, in fact compared to the Brincliffe Oaks (Nether Edge) and Waggon and Horses (Totley) we were very pleased.

The Brincliffe had two very dirty highchairs, god for bid if anyone else with kids had wanted to eat there at the same time, there was a severage smell which started building up and after 15 minutes became intolerable, the drinks order was wrong and took 10 minutes to be served (1 pint of shandy and 1 lemonade with pineapple juice) then for some reason I checked if I could use plastic to pay for the meal, I knew I could since I've eaten there lots in the past - don't know what made me check. Answer - no, new management and we haven't changed the machines over.

We left!

Waggon and Horses have no child facilities at all anymore, none at all.

Off to The Chequers, served in a decent time, food was fine although one steak cooked slightly more than required. No problems otherwise.

The two for one was a bonus to us, we had planned to eat regardless and it meant less of a headache for us as we didn't have to wash up and so on afterwards (huge headache with two foodily creative twins!)

The Chequers is ok, the Brincliffe is vile!

The Chequers, I've had a bad meal there, albeit a couple of years ago. These days, the minute I see "Wacky Warehouse' I drive on! The Blackamoor takes the biscuit, where I was charged 50p each for Yorkshire Pudding on the Sunday Roast, listed as 'Sundries'. The Amraj at Crystal Peaks on New Years Eve charged a group of 4 of us £14.70 service charge on a Buffet?? Is there knowhere worth going now???

the last time I went to the Amraj, there was this fairly noisy group of people across from us, who were drunk as skunks.

one of the "ladies" at that table was so "brahmsed" she was trying to climb on the table, and take her top of.

it really spoilt our meal...

If I'd wanted to have a pseudo-lapdancing session, I'd have taken my hubby to Spearmint rhino or something.

I don't think u can beat Damons at Crystal Peaks. I have been there loads of times, and never had any bad food or service at all. They are always very busy - a good sign! I know they don't do "two-for-one" but its great if its your birthday - you get your main meal free, and a birthday cake!

a very nice landlady........one of our meals came and it was'nt to spec.........set about dragging the chef back in to the kitchen throwing the meal at him

She sounds delightfull, I'd have left if she treated her staff like that in front of me, there is no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

Archived