Chequers Pub Coal Aston

Kashul

Went to Chequers yesterday. wont be going back for a long time! The food was okay, but there were tables with dirty plates on them when we walked in just before 4pm and tables cleared but not set, and the same tables were still not cleared or set when we left again at 5pm. (plus ours then of course). There was wallpaper ripped off the wall and the young lads they have serving there just couldn't give a toss. The meal was slapped in front of us and he mumbled something like "enjoy yer meal". he then went to join his mate outside the kitchen entrance and had a game of throwing the tea towel at each other! I felt like going over and asking for the Supervisors job as that was what it needed to make them be more professional, stop messing about and get the dirty tables cleared! The place itself needs a make over, and brightening up, it was so dark and dingy, I like a bit of light when I'm eating.

Damons, yuk!! The smell of the place is enough to put you off. Goodness knows what the residents in the houses opposite think about it. You can smell the greasy food as you drive past the place. Been just the once, processed american style rubbish!

Couldn't agree more. Another alternative is: EAT IN RESTAURANTS - DRINK IN PUBS. :loopy: Kindergartens with burger and chips are O.K. for those who like that sort of thing but should be described as such. :suspect:

I think there is a place for food in pubs, but many of them now are catering for the 2 for £6 market. Like someone said in a previous post, what do you expect for £3 each?? A place I find which works very well with food/drink pub is the Shepley Spitfire, good sized pub and also a good sized eating area which incidentally is no smoking. Its just a pity I have to drive all the way from Mosboro for a decent place to eat!

The chequers used to be a decent place to go and get something to eat but was taken over not long back and seems to have gone downhill very fast since then. I disagree about you onlt get what you pay for as we have a 2 4 1 the Sir jacks near us and we've never had a problem, the food is always lovely :love:

Archived