Which is the best Value Gym in Sheffield?

I also recommend Vital Leisure at St Pauls, The gym is not big but you have all the equipment you ever need , its never busy and in the daytime or after 1930 you have the place to yourself including the pool 18m which is big for a hotel pool.

Cost £48 per month, if two join then its £40, i think corperate is £37 and there wasnt a joining fee when i joined.

http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/stpauls/leisure/index.htm

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking of joining Vital at the MacDonald's hotel.

Could you tell me if they have cross trainers there. And also do they have sky showing music/football etc (it makes the time go faster !)

I was thinking of joinin Virgin but looking at the posts here it seems that it can get very busy mon-wed after work. Is it the case that you would be waiting to get on cardio machines?

Alternatively are there any other gyms in town. I'm not too bothered about pools, spas etc. Just cardio and weight equipment. Preferrably one that opens early like 6.30 and is reasonably proced. Any recommendations?

thanks in advance

Which is the best value gym is Sheffield? I hear Greens is good.

What is the atmosphere like, which is the most friendliest ?

Also do any of these have swimming lesson facilitys, as I have a friend who is 34, and wants to use the pool, but still wears armbands. Do any of these gyms offer swimming lessons ?

So what are peoples experiences in these gyms? where are the best classes etc

Check out the Fit for All Gym at the Burton Street Project on Burton Street, Hillsborough in Sheffield. £14.00 per month and the staff and gym members there are very friendly. It's an all inclusive gym aimed at people who would normally be little nervous about using a gym. The staff do alot of work to boost your confidence etc. The Sheffield Boxing Club is above it.

Didn't know there was a gym on Burton Street. What is their range of Cardio machines like? Is there plenty to go round?

Stuart

It's only a small gym but they have running machines, rowers, cross country things !! bikes and various weight benches and machines along with steps etc. Every member is given a personal programme and a full assessment. The staff are very friendly.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Archived