Languages Colleges

Sheffield college offer language courses at various sites across the city. French, Italian, Spanish, and Arabic are all offered from beginners to 'A'-level (poss German?), and other begineers courses are offered. try looking in the choices brochure, which is out now and usually available at whsmith. I know bannerdale, tapton and norton definitely all do language courses.

Sheffield college offer language courses at various sites across the city. French, Italian, Spanish, and Arabic are all offered from beginners to 'A'-level (poss German?), and other begineers courses are offered. try looking in the choices brochure, which is out now and usually available at whsmith. I know bannerdale, tapton and norton definitely all do language courses.

It depends upon what level you are at. As you get higher there is less choice, because the government has greatly tightened up on spending for adult education. You will find that if you want to study A level at night there will be a choice of only one site and one night from now on. Also the places fill up very quick so get enrolled as quickly as possible.

Five years ago you could go to several sites across the city and you had a choice of at least 2 different evenings.

King Edward VI school by the Hallamshire do lots of language courses in term time, give them a call

Yep, they are a designated language college and have some very impressive language skills there.

I believe that most students who take a language there acquire above average grades.

Hi,

What language(s) are you interested in? There's the Carl Duisberg Centre in town, which can get just about any language tuition provided - at a price - and the new Babble and Speak gang, who've recently been advertising for tutors.

Ade

• 3 months later...

Archived