Martial arts with a gym

Woodhouse Workout - I think.

There's two gyms in Woodhouse, and it's the one on market street and market square

Thats Terry Johnstons gym isnt it?

I know which one you mean.

ONe of them is the martial arts side of things the other one is the fitness gym and yet the other building is the tanning and beauty shop :)

The Wicker Camp (Thai Boxing) has a good gym and runs 3 fitness sessions through the week, on top of Thai boxing classes every night.Membership is a real bargain at £25 a month all in.

Oh come off it, Mick Mullaney is a very good friend of mine, and I'm sure he'd be the first to describe the weights gym as basic and functional at best.

Unless you are referring to the morning 'bags' sessions, which provide a good workout assuming you know enough to make use of the sessions - but that's in the main thai-boxing area.

It isn't a gym per se, it's a room with some weights equipment and not good for anyone who doesn't know what they are doing. The main room for thai-boxing instruction is quite adequate, still giving a feeling of old-fashioned hard work:)

I'd put Mick as the top instructor I've encountered for martial arts, because he understands and explains what you're doing and why....but the weights gym at Wicker Camp is functional at best; the thai-boxing space is good, but that's a seperate matter.

Ade

Thats Terry Johnstons gym isnt it?

I know which one you mean.

ONe of them is the martial arts side of things the other one is the fitness gym and yet the other building is the tanning and beauty shop :)

Well it's Terry somebody ;)

Didn't know about the tanning and beauty bit either

I can only repeat what Zatoichi has said, not sure how long it's been since you attended Wicker Camp Ade65 but there has been a fair bit of money spent on the weights area over the last 3 months. It has been decorated, most of the older equipment has been got rid of, new better equipment has been purchased, consideration has been given to the layout of the room and the second room has been opened up and fully kitted out to allow prive tuition to take place in there.

Zatoichi, I take it you train at Wicker then?

Archived