Best Chinese food in Sheffield?

okka north

I went to noodle inn recently and we were in there for two hours!! the worst service ive ever had in my life. It took around 30 mins to get some soup out to us. Then another 30 mins for my partners food to come out then I had to wait another 30 minutes after that for my food to come out?? didnt get it. Wont go back although food was quite nice.. abit bland but the portions were huge, only redeeming factor. I prefer vietnamese noodle bar for eating out and wild rice for a takeout.

For me, Noodle Inn is def the best place!! I go there often and food is always of generous portions and of top notch. I've never had too wait too long for food at all. In fact, I think it comes too soon sometimes! Cheap as chips as well and u get free desert! But yeh, if u r wanting to spend a gud few hrs there, then it prob wont be the place to go. But it is a business at the end of the day and at a price of £6.50 for a main dish (trust me, 1 main dish is all u need!), u can't really complain.

Takeaways would be Wai Hong on London Rd and Wok This Way (fantastic name!) in Ranmoor!

The only really poor place I've been to is Canton Orchard. The food was off and is in need of re-decorating. The patio outside is really scenic and beautiful tho.. ideal for summer.

Dim Sum - very good Cantonese style rich food and deserts (London road)

China Red - Authentic Sichuan super spicy food (just off the Moor)

TinTin - Good selection of northern style dishes, not too pricey, try their Chinese kebab skewers! (London road)

I went to Dim Sum - lovely food but the service was awful but still asked if I wanted to give something for the service.

A Chinese friend of mine tells me that an upstairs restaurant on Matilda Street is good.

• 5 months later...

Archived