Best Chinese food in Sheffield?

okka north

Just moved here from Vancouver, Canada.....basically the chinese capital of Canada....and I know good chinese food. I would have to say that they best chinese food in Sheffield that I have found so far is NOODLE INN on London Road. And the best stuff there? Definitely the ROAST PORK. Mmmmmm!

I think I know what you mean. It's the 'Fan Dim' (=rice shop) kind of style, right ? Large portions of rice or noodle dishes on a plate.

Dim Sum just up the road is similar too. Maybe portion sizes are not that great compared to Noodle Inn, but the standard is pretty high. You should also try the roast pork in Wong Ting on Matilda St.

I've yet to find a place that does it with the dark sugar (malactose) to give that seriously sweet flavour. Mmm. Now that's what I call Roast Pork. :)

Practically everyone else eating in there was of Chinese origin: Always a good sign! Recommended.

This is true. I know this thread is more about the chinese takeaway really, than restaurants. Zing Vaa, Golden Dragon (now Wong Ting), Mei's, Dim Sum, and currently Noodle Inn are indeed the only contenders. Only a handful of these do dim sums as well. (Zing Vaa, Golden Dragon, Mei's, Dim Sum). You'll find that the crowd will follow wherever the decent dim sum chefs go. ;)

Cool!!!! Have to get down there again ........

Defo still open, I know the ladies who own it (well I've been there enough) and it's fab.

The other good thing is they happily bag up anything you can't eat so you get two meals for the price of one as the set dishes there are massive!

They took the Chinese delegation there during the World Student Games, case solved!

Where's Mei's??

Probably my fave...

In town, 19 Charles St.

Kind of diagonally opposite the Casbah or round the back of Cole Brothers, but one road over. Find the small doorway, go downstairs!

Expectations are'nt high on your first visit from the strange entry - food is great though!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived