Best Chinese food in Sheffield?

okka north

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: WOK THIS WAY THE BEST EVER.:banana: :banana:
Well if you are talking Takeaways then it has to be Wok this way! on South Road Walkey not only for the best name but the food is ace, well priced and the best bit is the kitchen is in the shop front so you can watch them cook your food while you wait. Lots of fresh veg and not so much MSG. Now if you are talking restaurants then I rate Zing Va, it's under the Moor near BHS. It's been there years, my mum had her 16th birthday there and she is now in her late forties. Another sign that it is a quality place is a lot of Chinese people eat there!

Canton Orchard at Fulwood....a bit classier and pricier than most Chinese restaurants, and well worth it.

Good food, very friendly service, a delight to go to.

Ade

Not convinced it was worth the extra, personally.

Went to Noodle Inn last week...very impressed

not sure if its strictly chinese but same sort of food

where is wok mania

Don't go to wok mania, chinese buffets are never as nice as going to a proper chinese restaurant because you can tell they are done on cheap. The meat is like jelly. Great place when your hungover and not bothered though.

My hubby loves his chinese and this we think is the best place, a bit posh, lovely service, very good price. Never felt like they were rushing you but you don't feel like you can just sit and have a few drinks before your meal.

I agree with some of the other posts that Zing Vaa in the Moor is the best - I don't even like Chinese food but theirs is gorgeous, and I think it's MSG free as it never disagrees with me. Go before 6pm for the bargain set menu - about 6 quid for soup, mains and desert.

Mei's is a superb Chinese restaurant. Good sized portions and excelent quality. It's not too cheap but not too expensive either.

Highly recommended

(If you go try the honey and lemon chicken and salt and pepper squid)

Address: 19 Charles Street

Sheffield

South Yorkshire

S1 2HS

0114 275 6041

• 3 weeks later...
Mei's is a superb Chinese restaurant. Good sized portions and excelent quality. It's not too cheap but not too expensive either.

Highly recommended

Sheffield

South Yorkshire

S1 2HS

0114 275 6041

I'll have to try this one as I didn't realise it existed. Thought I knew all the city centre restaurants.

• 1 month later...

Highly recommended

Sheffield

South Yorkshire

S1 2HS

0114 275 6041

It's been there 20 plus years but is easy to miss, very good if not in Candy Town's league

Archived