Baby boys 1st birthday party - help?!?!?

Hi there! Why not hire a magician who can entertain the kids (and the adults) with a magic show, then make balloon animals for the kids and entertain the adults with some card tricks and mind-reading? I'll drop you a pm, or you could contact me. All details at bottom of my post.

I'm a full Equity member which means you get a professional service that's fully insured. I'm a full time magician so you know you're hiring someone who's good at what he does. :thumbsup:

For my dd's 1st birthday the kids played in the huge box that her play house came in, the sand, slides etc and generally kept themselves amused - you could do pass the parcel, musical statues etc and have a blanket on the ground for the kids to sit on to eat picnic style.

The adults just sat and relaxed and drank lots, it wasn't very structured, there was no stress and everyone had a lovely time.

Make it simple and social rather than killing yourself attempting to keep everyone amused - oh a small paddling pool might be nice too if its a hot day.

We tied baloons to the trees and i had plastic cups and plastic jugs for juice so that the kids could help themselves to a drink when they wanted.

That party was probably the easiest, simplest and most enjoyable party we have ever had. I wouldn't stress about having anything complex.

have a nice day.

babs

Mm.. I wouldn't worry too much. A kid's party is for the kids really. So make sure they are entertained in a certain area. Then if the adults want to join in, then they can ? If not, just make sure there's plenty of food and drink, and maybe an area for them to sit and chit chat, to catch up, talk shop, or whatever. If you have work colleagues who's not sure and stand on their own, you can always introduce them to some family member who's similar age, or is interested in similar things.

We have loads of family gatherings over the years, and yes, kids will play with kids, and adults would just chit chat amongst themselves. Different ages. Even my gran enjoys it. At Xmas, we make her mother-Christmas, and get the kids to kiss her for the pressie. Haha. It's quite comical, cos we make her wear a Santa's hat as well. ;)

I would just do a barbacue but also have the house open for older people who want to sit out of the sun. Your son won't even understand its his birthday, the party is more for the adults to celebrate the love they have for him. So long as he's having fun all will be fine.

I would say a paddling pool, barbacue & loads of kiddies toys in the garden. You will find the other adults wanting to make a fuss of the kids, so they should be continually entertained.

thanks everyone! think ill hold off from paid enterainment til hes a little older but i do feel a little less stressed now - go with the flow it seems!

decided on open house and bbq, paddling pool, bubbles, lots of drink, x box and videos and soft ball bowling!

Archived