Try Zeugma on London Road

2437_SNT

This place was recommended to us by a friend and we've been a few times now.

It's a Turkish restaurant and they do take away too

Everything about the place is faultless...excellent courteous friendly staff, GORGEOUS food, air-con.

You can see the food being cooked on their massive charcoal barbecue-type cooker.

Complimentary olives and bread arrive as soon as you sit down

The houmous and breads are divine...the main courses are fab!!! and they have a great selection of meats and veggie

The price isn't bad either...we paid £50 for 5 of us with starters main course and drinks..and they are licensed

Definitely highly recommended if you like this sort of food...a true taste of summer...be prepared to book as it gets busy

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been to Marmaris which appears to be owned by the same people as Zeugma. I'd recommend it.. the food is lovely and its cheap too :D

Really!!! Zeugma was recommended as better than Marmaris...marmaris never seems to have many people in and Zeugma seems full of people!!

Zeugma is truly one of the best restaurants in sheffield. Food is soooooo fantastic that if they charged double the prices i think it would still be good value for money!! Staff are friendly and portions are HUGE!

However do not confuse it with Marmaris, as we did! The last time we went to Zeugma the owner came to chat with us and we mentioned that we had also been to Marmaris, assuming that he owned that too. This is not the case! However i think he mentioned that he was in the process of buying the italian down the road - think it used to be Dino's or something. Haven't been down London Road in a while so don't know if any work has been done, but a bigger Zeugma is surely good news!!

Must admit that we were disappointed by Marmaris when we went - food was cold - so glad Zeugma isn't associated with it.

have you got the number as i'm thinking of booking a table for my birthday...has anyone else been/can anyone reccomend other places with a nice atmosphere?? I'll be going with my boyfriend, so any suggestions as to nice places would be good!

Thanks

C

Archived