American Sports?

Im looking to join either:

*An American Football team(played before, watched it for 5+ years)

*A basketball team(used to play all the time, watched all my life)

*A baseball team(watched 5+ years, never played)

*A ice hockey team(cant skate, watched 5+ years, would be willing to learn to skate)

Im looking for serious teams only who practice a lot, im willing to practice all the time to be the best!

Im 6 foot, 15 stone, fit with a muscley build, fast and strong!

Any help in locating such a team would be appreciated :)

Im 21 and live in Sheffield!

Google round English Basketball and/or Sheffield Arrows and you will find a club that has several basketball teams. The Scimitars are the Ice hockey team that I know of, other than the pro Steelers of course. I think the American Football team are called Don Valley Vipers.

PS - I would have thought that "Bladerunners" was a better name for an Ice Hockey team than a Baseball team!

PPS - Just to be totally pedantic, weren't Ice Hockey and Basketball both invented in Canada?

contact ice sheffield if you want to get into an ice hockey team. If you can't skate you can enrole in lessons, starting from the very basic stuff right up.

There are loads of recreational ice hockey teams who train there (mostly evenings), its a great sport to get into, if you need anymore help im me, my bloke is an ice hockey player he may beable to pull some strings or at least give you some contact names etc.........good luck!!!!

Code 13 - Basketball wasn't actually invented in Canada, but it was invented by a Canadian man, Dr. James A. Naismith while he was working at a YMCA in Springfield, Massachusetts. As for Ice Hockey I can't really comment!

Ohpityme - I play quite a bit of basketball, albeit it at a lower level! With it being the summer I'm not getting the chance to play as much. If you know of any other people who would like to get together for a game let me know. Is there anyone else on the board that would be interested in playing? If we can get a few together I'd be happy to ring around for a court...

Archived