Motorcycles using bus lanes...

Where else can you park them? Can you provide a list of legal places to park bikes that aren't car places?

There are a few in Sheffield, only problem being that usually they're taken up by inconsiderate disabled car drivers.

The one I'm mainly thinking of is the one outside woolworths just off the Moor. Even though it can be ticketed (as a warden once admitted when I complained), they usually aren't. Grrrrrrrr:rant:

When the tram gates at Hillsborough were first instigated there was a sign which gave details of what WAS allowed through the gate and that included bicycles.....so I used it .....I was at the time on a Suzuke GSX 550.....and I continued using hoping that plod would pull me. Eventually I got pulled and quite smugly pointed at my road fund licence (tax disc) and on it the catagory of my vehicle is......BICYCLE. Was told that I would not be prosecuted (which was what I was NOT hoping for, just to make the point officially) and was told that I should not use them again, but I made it clear by pointing out that as long as the sign said bicycle then I would use it....and I did. MAG (Motorcycle Action Group) had been campaigning for a long time to get Sheffield Council to agree that bikers could use bus lanes. Glad the council have now at last seen sense. Keep safe on those bikes out there. :D

Why do bikers park their m/c's in car bays in car parks?

Not only are they inconsiderate on the road, they compound this by parking badly as well.

We're not generally faced with that problem here. For onr thing there are usually enough parking spaces for everyone, and the bikes have their own, often closer to the action than the cars. Accidently knocking one Harley into another and starting a domino effect is not recommended for good health.

There are a few in Sheffield, only problem being that usually they're taken up by inconsiderate disabled car drivers.

The one I'm mainly thinking of is the one outside woolworths just off the Moor. Even though it can be ticketed (as a warden once admitted when I complained), they usually aren't. Grrrrrrrr:rant:

Thats another thing, why are disabled drivers allowed to park on double yellows?

They are there for a reason, to keep the traffic flowing.

Yet because a perfectly able persons Great Aunt Matilda has difficulty getting about, they can clog up the entire town centre whilst doing their shopping.

Archived