Taggy's Icecream in Heeley

crumpy

:love: did anyone remember taggy's icecream in heeley wow that icecream was worth dying for every sunday we would have a bowl i remember the lady who came in the taggy's van as jean it was a small family run business

:love: did anyone remember taggy's icecream in heeley wow that icecream was worth dying for every sunday we would have a bowl i remember the lady who came in the taggy's van as jean it was a small family run business

if taggy's is still around let me know please i would love my children to experience the taste

if taggy's is still around let me know please i would love my children to experience the taste

Look for post's to do with Heeley,we all have experiences of Taggy's world class ice cream,can still taste it today,yum,yum

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, no, Taggy's hasn't been around for over 20 yrs :cry: as I said on the lengthy thread elsewhwere on here, it was the only icecream my mother would give house-room to.

it really was the best, bar none.

PT

Taggy's was alway the best icecream. When old man Taggy was a little boy he used to go and buy ice cream from my great grandma who had a shop on Queens Road. He was about the same age as my late grandma so this would be at the turn of 1800's to 1900's

crikey, he must have been about 90 when he retired then ...

crikey, he must have been about 90 when he retired then ...

Well my grandma was a week away from being 92 when she died in 1986. They made made them of strong stuff in those days. I often wonder if it was my great grandma's icecream that influenced Taggy. She made it herself in the back of the shop.

I often wonder if it was my great grandma's icecream that influenced Taggy. She made it herself in the back of the shop.

You don't still have her recipe do you? There has never been icecream like Taggy's in the world ... even Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, whilst orgasmic and unbelievably yummy ... I would swap it all for a bowl of Taggy's :love:

Archived