Taggy's Icecream in Heeley

crumpy

There is one thing I can say is Taggy's was the best in the world for me & it's a shame that the kid's of today cannot taste it.

I too remember Taggys as a child.

Try Mackies of Scotland. Its in a blue, round tub and can be bought from Sainsburys. Its as close to Taggys as I have found.:hihi: :hihi: :hihi::thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
apparently Taggy (the guy who owned it) had it buried with him, only he knew the recipe, He didn't pass it on to any family members, So sadly when Taggy died so did the icecream.

We went to Somerset last week and we had some icecream that was made from sheeps milk and that tasted very much like Taggys.....perhaps that was his secret!!

Oddly enough, mellypelly posted that her uncle worked at Taggys, and that she once moved to Avon! Coincidence?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/member.php?u=6

Remember Taggy's? I sing its praise daily. I have never tasted any other ice cream to get anywhere near the fantastic flavour of this product. It deserves an OBE if not a Knighthood. Fantastic. Relations of Taggy's lived across from us on Malloy Place. Ken

Archived