Cafe on Upwell Street/Owler Lane

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me any information about a little cafe that used to be on Upwell Street/Owler Lane. Franks fishtank shop is there now or it may have been at the side of this cafe during 1950s or 60s.

:suspect: MMMM wonder if this is where my daughter used to spend her days when she played truant from Earl Marshal!!!!

• 2 years later...
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me any information about a little cafe that used to be on Upwell Street/Owler Lane. Franks fishtank shop is there now or it may have been at the side of this cafe during 1950s or 60s.

mr and mrs henry they called him bert remember all the ice cream men that used to go in

Hi W Wilkinson I have just come across this site, I lived on Upwell Hill in the 1950,s the row of shops which you ask about, as I remember,the 1st shop (which is now Franks fish shop ) was Godbers grocery shop the shop in the middle was a greengrocers which also belonged to Godbers they was two brothers,the end shop was the cafe and was owned by a couple called Emery and they had a daughter called Pauline,we was in the same class at owler lane school.After the grocery & g/grocery was sold it became Butlers betting shop after that Frank took it over & as far as I know still is.As cat631 said in an earlier post Albert Parr used to go in the cafe quite a lot.

hi i was wondering if anyone could give me any information about a little cafe that used to be on upwell street/owler lane. Franks fishtank shop is there now or it may have been at the side of this cafe during 1950s or 60s.

---------hi w,wilkinson.

I remember that cafe as well, i lived in hunsly sy, grimesthopes

i have had many drink in there and met some good people,

the cafe as now got new owners, and does hot take aways .

So i`am told

i remember fish tank shop outside bus stop as well

Archived