Sheffield Kickboxing Show 15th September 2006

Might be in Ireland when this is on, if not will be sure to have some tickets, good Friday night out :thumbsup:

Hi Venger

Nice to see someone who is not from martial arts circles (to my knowledge,... or are you???) showing an interest. Yes there will be a licensed bar. If you have one of the £25 seats , as an introductory offer we will be providing light refreshment to the seated spectators.

Hope to see you at the show. Come along and say hello and introduce yourself briefly. I may not be as talkative on the day as I will be trying to run the event.

Cheers

Farhad

Sounds like an ace evening! I'll have a ticket when you start selling them. Intrigued by the jet li / freddie mercury hybrid martial artist already!

Trust me , Hamza is incredible!!! He does flying front kicks to the face, jump spinning kicks, flying punches, forward rolls, the works!!!

Hes done bits of Taekwondo and Wu Shu back in Kurdistan. He is currently training with ACE fighters academy in Derby.

At the last show (which was a boxing show, his was the only kickboxing bout)he totally destroyed this big built up bouncer in the 2nd round. The bouncer now trains with us lot.

Hi Venger

Nice to see someone who is not from martial arts circles (to my knowledge,... or are you???) showing an interest. Yes there will be a licensed bar. If you have one of the £25 seats , as an introductory offer we will be providing light refreshment to the seated spectators.

Hope to see you at the show. Come along and say hello and introduce yourself briefly. I may not be as talkative on the day as I will be trying to run the event.

Cheers

Farhad

Nah, dabbled a bit when I was younger but lacked the discipline I am afraid.

Have a couple of friends who do or have indulged and others that might be intested in the event.

Sounds like it should be fun :thumbsup:

Nah, dabbled a bit when I was younger but lacked the discipline I am afraid.

Have a couple of friends who do or have indulged and others that might be intested in the event.

Sounds like it should be fun :thumbsup:

Nice one mate. AFK promotions will try their best to make sure the event is a success and is pleasing to everyone.

Once the tickets are released I will let everyone know. They will be sold on a first come first go basis due to the limited number available.

Keep in Touch mate.

Farhad

Up to £40 to watch a bit of ballet? Harsh!

Ballet???

These are full contact fights by the way. Full powered punches and kicks with nothing held back. Not the touch contact stop and start point sparring you see at other tournaments. Also, none of this twirling batons and nunchakus about either.

If not convinced totally, then email your weight and experience level to :

info@sheffieldkickboxing.com

Im sure we can find someone for you to "dance" with .

Im sorry that we cant offer you a complimentary ticket and this is the only way you can get in for free.:thumbsup:

Tell you what love, give me a shout when knees and elbows are allowed :thumbsup:

Knees will be allowed under Oriental rules.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. For someone like yourself i.e. a novice you will not be allowed to fight with elbows wether you fight kick or thai.

Under Thaiboxing rules C class bouts are without Elbows. Fights with elbows tend to be under "A Class Rules" which are 5 rounds of 3 minutes in duration.

Since you are a Novice, I am now offering you the chance to compete as one.

3 rounds of 1.5 minutes or 3 Rounds of 2 minutes (your choice but being a first timer I would advise you to take the former).

Oriental Rules: as in low kicks and knees are allowed.

To be honest the knees and elbows,..etc should not be an issue. If you are confident that you can Box well and Kick well and you are confident in your own martial arts style then you should be able to box and kick against other martial arts disciplines in a fair manner.

The bill is getting packed out. Tell me your weight and I can consider you as a Substitute (in case someone pulls out last minute) or maybe I can consider you for November.

Let me know one way or the other.

Awaiting your favourable response.

Farhad Ali

AFK Promotions

Interesting!

I'll discuss with my trainer.. If not me (fitness not 100% plus off on holiday in 3 weeks), then maybe one of the other lads.

Hmm so you werent really interested for yourself? Never mind.If the other lads are interested then maybe its all good. Once again I must thank you for showing an interest in the fights.

Do you fight for the Wicker camp? If so it would be nice to see guys from the Wicker fighting under kickboxing rules.

Kickboxing rules are a lot more exciting to watch in my opinion. Limited clinching leads to explosive action and big knockouts!

The best set of rules for a heavy hitter to fight under.

My attitude is if you want to see clinching/grappling , watch MMA!

The sport takes a step forward!!!

Archived