Sheffield Kickboxing Show 15th September 2006

yeah love 'em to bits!!!! They are both very different when sparring with you, push you a lot & that's what I like.

When sparring , Daz is so much more chilled out than Si so I agree with you there.

Cherry Cake:

Don't know Kathryn, only spoke to Farhad & Wayne trains @ Marsden's too. - does wayne still train @ AFK?

Wayne trains when hes got the time. Hes a bit busy at the moment but yeah he will be back once he gets himself sorted out for a job.

Exciting bouts that have already been matched.

TOP OF THE BILL:

Scott Sykes (SDUK ) Vs Dave Slater (university of Newcastle Thaiboxing club)

Last time this bout ended in controversy. Scott Sykes aims to set the record straight!

Alex McKenzie (SDUK) Vs Mike Gray (Karevo)

Both exciting fighters , Alex boasts an unbeaten record all INSIDE THE DISTANCE!!! Hopefully Alex will show his usual magic today!!!

Amjed "MANFREDO " Shaffique (AFK) Vs Ian McCabe (karevo)

Amjed got himself a nice little following at the old cagewarriors QUEST & FIGHTCLUBUK series of shows sharing the cage with Chris Freeborne and Scott Sykes early in his career.

This time he faces Ian McCabe who is sure to test his chin.

Prediction = A KNOCKOUT (who will do the knocking out??? We will see!)

The name Manfredo is due to his uncanny resemblance to the boxer Manfredo from "The Contender"

Under FULL CONTACT Rules we have ,....

Julian Bramold (Marsdens) Vs Hamza "Jet LI" Majeid ( Kurdistan)

Julian has won the BUMAC at nearly every event TKOing most of his opponents having only ONE loss at the BUMAC which was against Joseph Fanous from AFK which even so was after 3 hard bouts and an extra round.

Hamza "JET LI" Majeid is best known for his exciting and unorthodox fighting style incorporating flying kicks, somersaults, cartwheels,...etc (despite being a Freddie Mercury lookalike :P)

This guy is straight out of the movies!!!

The Undercard will follow shortly,....

Alex McKenzie is no longer fighting Mike Gray from Karevo, Mike Gray is currently "unavailable" (???) . Being a copper hes on a course or something.

Scott Sykes is now fighting Danny Parker from Chester Thaiboxing.

Scott boxes a lot better and hits harder but Danny is a fast kicker.

Manfredo's opponent Ian McCabe has gone AWOL!!! Why does everyone always pull out against our fighters? :rant:

We have already lost 3 opponents for AFK fighters ,.....:loopy:

Oh well,.....

Clobo, if all goes well we should be getting a couple of kids fights that include Jordan (age 12) and Heather (age 9).

Jordan is most likely going to fight a kid from Derby, Heather will most likely fight a girl from Chesterfield still waiting on the trainers to get back to me.

TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS!!!

ONLY 200 PLACES, SEATS LIMITED !

Hi,

I'm glad to see you're organising events - and hope to come down to your club to train soon (and lord, do I need the training now)...but please, no kids fights..and don't advetise no padding with !!!...last event organised in conjunction with the Wicker Camp was marvellous, and sets the standard for what fight-nights should be (even if the promotion was a little sub-standard, the on-the-day stuff was good). No padding should be standard, I'd think.....otherwise, it's not really a fight-event?

But I am encouraged by your enthusiasm for martial arts in the area, and will visit the club soon. I need the exercise!!

Regards,

Ade

Hi Ade65

You are more than welcome at AFK regardless of what your purpose in training is.

Weight loss/ Toning/ Gradings/ Fights,... Equal opportunities. Everyone gets good coaching YES even the Mr average who comes into the gym to keep fit.

Regarding the fights issue. Im not mega keen on having kids fights on the show unless they are really good quality. You have to remember however that the instructors of the clubs that support AFK promotions have a few junior fighters who will possibly be prospects for the future. Also, a few kids fights help "warm the show up" or give you the chance to go to the bar and get your drinks while waiting for the adults.

I will tell you one thing without holding back. The BJJ crowd will confirm this too, I was at an MMA show and there were 3 kickboxing bouts on it. The first was a KIDS kickboxing fight. Two 14 year old boys. One of which was AFK's own MC Killa! People said that the sheer skill level was surpassing that of most of the adult bouts on the card.

MC Killa will make his appearance on the AFK shows on a regular basis and he promises action all the way. He fights with a clinical fighting style depicting that of an experienced amateur boxer despite being only novice level.

Regards

Farhad

AFK fighter/school teacher Rowdie "the baby faced assasin " Loughlin is on the card fighting at 70kg.

As a PGCE student he entered the light continuous student nationals and lasted about 20 seconds before being disqualified (for KO'ing his opponent). On the day he will be making his debut under full contact rules.

FIREWORKS!!!

There is a possibility of Alex Mckenzie facing an opponent from Poland.

Still waiting on replacement opponents for my middle weight and cruiserweight fighters too !!!

:mad: I HATE TRAINERS WHO PULL THEIR FIGHTERS OUT !!!

Any Stand up fighter/martial artist are welcome to fight on AFK promotions in the future.

Wether you want to fight under "FULL CONTACT" or under "ORIENTAL RULES" you should be confident that your martial arts discipline should be good enough to help you in the ring. If your style (a stand up discipline) cant prepare you to be able to compete in either discipline at even a NOVICE level then throw what you have learned in the bin as it is quite simply rubbish.

Regarding the word full contact, the oriental rules bouts are full contact too. In fact the oriental rules allow more contact as they allow kicking to the thighs and use of the knee.

Representatives of many different martial arts will be there in the ring.

KARATE= Wado Ryu/Yoseikan/Tekio Sury Ryu

KUNG FU = Lau Gar / Wu Shu /Long Fist

TAEKWONDO= I.T.F style (A TAGB european champion will be fighting a guy from Lau Gar!!!)

KICKBOXING= All versions, American style, K-1 style, Karate/kickboxing hybrid style and even MUAY THAI !!!

BOXING = Thats right, there is an Ex amateur Boxer on the cards.

I can hardly wait!!!

Event sponsored by KELDEN BUILD

The same company who built the famous Kelvin flats

email : admin@kelden-group.com

Any Stand up fighter/martial artist are welcome to fight on AFK promotions in the future.

Wether you want to fight under "FULL CONTACT" or under "ORIENTAL RULES" you should be confident that your martial arts discipline should be good enough to help you in the ring. If your style (a stand up discipline) cant prepare you to be able to compete in either discipline at even a NOVICE level then throw what you have learned in the bin as it is quite simply rubbish.

Regarding the word full contact, the oriental rules bouts are full contact too. In fact the oriental rules allow more contact as they allow kicking to the thighs and use of the knee.

Representatives of many different martial arts will be there in the ring.

KARATE= Wado Ryu/Yoseikan/Tekio Sury Ryu

KUNG FU = Lau Gar / Wu Shu /Long Fist

TAEKWONDO= I.T.F style (A TAGB european champion will be fighting a guy from Lau Gar!!!)

KICKBOXING= All versions, American style, K-1 style, Karate/kickboxing hybrid style and even MUAY THAI !!!

BOXING = Thats right, there is an Ex amateur Boxer on the cards.

I can hardly wait!!!

Event sponsored by KELDEN BUILD

The same company who built the famous Kelvin flats

email : admin@kelden-group.com

TICKETS COME OUT TOMORROW!!!

BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

Archived