Sheffield Kickboxing Show 15th September 2006

where is it? Heard different venues from different people!

The Park and Gardners club

Cricket inn road sheffield

Friday september the 15th 2006.

The tickets are out now!!!

Stussonicos, the full line up will be available when we have everyone matched.

So far I have matched up 11 definite bouts.

There are 2 possible revenge matches in the pipeline but they all depend if both participants from both sides have recovered from injuries in time.

The famous Kaobon Gym are fielding forward a few competitors , Im sure Stussonicos knows all about Kaobon.

The name "Neil Woods" ring any bells?

Neil Woods as in retired Neil Woods, yeah course it does, he fought a friend of mine.

Think I might hold off with the tickets until the full line up can be announced.

Neil Woods had to retire on medical grounds.

The FULL line up wont be available until everybody is matched but for now I will be able to post the story so far.

For the purpose of clarity , FULL CONTACT= American rules kickboxing wearing long trousers and kicks above the waist.(Denoted by FC)

KICKBOXING= Oriental rules kickboxing wearing shorts and allowing low kicks and use of the knees (Denoted by KB)

FIGHT CARD (PROVISIONAL)

1. YOUSIF IBRAHIM (AFK) Vs ADEAB BANARIS (DERBY)

JUNIOR FC (Age 14 , Weight 45kg)

2.OLIVER WOOLARD (LAU GAR) Vs JAMIE SHEPHERD (ROKARD)

MIDDLEWEIGHT FC

3.DANIEL RENSHAW (BLACK DRAGONS) Vs SHAWN RODGERS

MIDDLEWEIGHT FC

4.ROWDIE LOUGHLIN (AFK ) Vs CRAIG (REZA'S GYM LONDON) SUPERWELTERWEIGHT FC

5.RIK VEEVERS (MAVERICKS) Vs PAUL CROPPER (LAU GAR) LIGHTWELTERWEIGHT FC

6.DAVE PURKISS (ANDY MARLOW'S GYM) Vs JONATHAN LANE (TEESIDE) MIDDLEWEIGHT KB

7.SHANE BEARD (SDUK) Vs STEVE WILSON(TEESIDE)

SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT KB

8.NAZ KHAN (AFK) Vs ASHLEY GOODWIN (KAOBON)

FEATHERWEIGHT KB

9.AMJED " MANFREDO " SHAFFIQUE (AFK) Vs MARTIN GRIFFITHS (WALES)

LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT KB

10.SAM DAVIDSON (DERBY) Vs ADAM LAWRENCE (LAU GAR)

LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT FC

11.GRAHAM MCNULTY (MAVERICKS) Vs MAJEID (REZA'S GYM LONDON)

WELTERWEIGHT FC

12.MAX ELLIS (LAU GAR) VS JOHN MORGAN (BCCMA LONDON)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT FC

13.JULIAN BRAMOLD (MARSDENS) Vs HAMZA "JET LI" MAJEID (KURDISTAN)

CRUISERWEIGHT FC

14.SCOTT SYKES (SDUK) Vs DANNY PARKER (KAOBON)

LIGHTWELTERWEIGHT KB

Im afraid this is the card so far. There are still at least 2 matches that I am still waiting on. Both are cruiserweight fights (damn them crusierweights!!!)

are you still waiting on Alex's to be confirmed? Or is that cancelled?

Still waiting for somebody brave or stupid enough to fight him!

I have tried a lot of the thai camps , still no luck. Some of them are not even returning calls.

Cant be that hard to fight somebody who is:

WEIGHT= 84KG

2 kickboxing fights = 2 wins (both by stoppage) + 1 MMA bout (won by submission)

Willing to fight kickboxing (oriental style please not american) will even fight Thaiboxing (C Class rules).

I think the notion of 2 Stoppage wins scares most of the camps away and the MMA win added to that doesnt do him any favours!!!

Only 2 fights really in kickboxing. He is really only a novice so I dont know what peoples problem is.

Poor Alex!!!! Hopefully you'll be able to match him up as really wanna watch him fight!!!

I have just been on the phone to Paul Powers and he knows I'm trying my utmost to match him up.

There are fighters I will try my hardest to match up as either Im good friends with the instructor, they are big ticket sellers or they are exciting to watch.

The next ones down are fighters that I will make an effort to match but wont necessarily research who the opponent is and wont necessarily lose sleep if I cant match.

Then there are fighters I simply dont waste time with and will only use if im desperate. Examples of not using certain fighters is as follows:

1.His/her coach kicks off if they lose.

2. His/her coach starts moving goalposts all the time/Acts like the world owes him/her a living.

3. They are unprofessional, dont turn up on time, turn up overweight, pull out last minute, dont have their own groin guards/fighting shorts etc.

4. They talk **** on the internet and try to stir ill feeling between clubs

5. They dont sell any tickets and then try to blag expenses off you.

looking forward to Julians fight too.

He has got a hard fight but there are a variety of opinions of his fight.

Here are the views:

Wajid Shaffique (Lau Gar semi contact fighter) = Hamza will be too much for Julian , Julian has never fought anyone like him. Hamza by decision.

Terry Johnson (BUMAC semi contact promoter) = Julian will be able to see through Hamza's antics and will stop him at the start of the 2nd round.

Claude Evans (Black Dragons instructor)= I will have to go with Terry on this one. Julian is a good strong fighter , Julian by TKO in the 2nd round.

Jermaine "J-Dawg" Nelson (respected official , has judged many fights under both kickboxing and MMA rules) = This is an exciting fight! Ive seen both guys fight and both are amazing! This is a real clash of styles I cant even begin to think which way this will go ! Im not putting ANY money on this one, Im simply going to be judging this one with excitement!

Simon Marsden (Julian' coach) = We are taking Hamza seriously , Im not making any predictions at all. You cant make predictions in a sport like this.

Archived