Sheffield Guitarists

Timbuck

Played at a Jam night with Russ Dennet (ex Human League) last week, Hayden Oldham our guitarist in 60s band the 'Drumbeats' was in the pub.Hayden is back in the UK now after spending time in India but Ian the original singer with the Drmbeats is off to the Phillipines soon to retire there.

I've still got my Blue/silver Lame' suit from way back in 63, it won't button up now of course.

I dropped out of the sheffield scene in 66 and joined the army where I became a full time musician in the regimental band (24/7 job in those days) playing Bass guitar in the Rock Band and Dance Band and Saxophone in the Regimental Band from which I attended a course at the Royal Military School of Music (Knellar Hall). On leaving the army the Sheffield music scene had changed, gone were most of the pubs, dance venues, church halls, youth clubs etc it was by then mainly down to the cursed but money making venues of the WMC circuit.

See Roy Ledger & Ron Blyth every now and then in Dronfield but not many others.

John Swift ex Drumbeat, ex 23916261 Bandsman 1 Y&L Rgmt

Calling all Frank White fans!!

You just gotta see this video. It is glorious

http://cryinggame.co.uk/page22/page5/files/page5-1007-pop.html

This was the first "Double Arm" guitar in the country. When Frank tried to import it from The States, HM Customs delayed it by months 'cause they didn't know exactly what it was!! (pratts)

Great to see old footage of Frank with his double neck although Frank was just miming to Big Jim Sullivan's guitar parts on that clip.

No, Jimmy Page wasn't on Crying Game, it was actually Eric Ford on rhythm guitar.

I bow to your knowledge!

On the same site is film of the band live in Holland. I never realised that Dave and Frank could create such mayhem - and this time you get a small chunk of Frank playing that lovely guitar LIVE!!

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=43954

Archived