What does everyone do for a living here?

During the week software development, LAN manager and host master.

Weekends, volunteering in the restoration of first generation DMUs (1950s/60s diesel trains). One of which I'm in the process of purchasing, to be hired to various heritage railways.

Used to be a DJ, twice-weekly residency, not done so professionally since moving to Sheffield but only as a hobby.

Originally posted by joe

Firefighter so i expect a load of ****e about the 'strike situation'. But apart from that, its nice to meet you all.

I would back you all the way. Its not an easy job and I dont imagine it to be. I dont consider 30k being greedy. Stand up for what you deserve! :thumbsup:

Also, there are a lot of networking ppl within the forums. I was told by a woman who worked at the Bt Tower that Sheffield had no IT base, apart from BT and HSBC. Where are all you network engineers/administrators working then?

Originally posted by rybo

Iv been working for the past 4 months as a web designer / graphic designer but before that I play tested computer games :)

ry

You have my absolute DREAM job mate! I am MEGA jealous! :lol:

"Where are all you network engineers/administrators working then?"

Work for Omnetica (formally known as Siemens Networks). Office in Manchester but based at home in Sheffield. Field engineer so could be working anywhere in the North, wherever I'm sent really.

Archived