What does everyone do for a living here?

I've some architectural training (degree - I've worked as an architectural assistant and am looking for a job in the same field at the moment) and am trying to make a living at the moment designing websites. I'd be quite happy to design anyone's website *and* their HQ :D I suspect Richard has more time on his hands than me, though, working for a bank :) I like the look of the first site he listed too...

i make crankshafts!!!!!!!!!! boring i know and i wish our italian owners would sell us and put us out of our misery!! also, sack "general" jacko! :wink:

Think you've got this wrong. 'Junkies' 'Ex-cons' are subjected to the same rules as everyone else. Six months on job seekers allowance before training courses on offer. An offer is made, however inappropriate it is to you if you decline your benefit can be stopped, depends on the compassion of your advisor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catmiss wrote:

Think you've got this wrong. 'Junkies' 'Ex-cons' are subjected to the same rules as everyone else

I was quoting what I was told by two seperate female employees, one of whom was my interviewer, at the Job Centre !!

I don't know much about benefits, courses, JSA etc.... as I have worked for 26 years since leaving school. I enquired if there were any 'free' courses, I had been made redundant (again) and fancied a change of career. I think the exact words were "Sorry, there's nothing for you, your one of the good people, if you were a drug addict or ex convict you could go on one". Maybe she was just venting her frustration, her fellow employee had overheard and backed her opinion up.

Archived