What does everyone do for a living here?

Originally posted by "Jonathan"

I run a lifestyle management/concierge services company arranging everything from peoples holidays to plumbers visits.

really? i always thought i'd be pretty good at working for a company like that - am a PA right now which basically amounts to the same thing but for just one person... :)

I may have missed the point, but what is funny about unemployment? I am assuming that you work for The Employment Service when you write about looking after "doleys"? Should a civil servant with a career and a well sorted pension really be referring to the unemployed as "doleys".

They will always be wasters who do not want to work, but the majority of the people you claim to be looking after have already lost their jobs and their dignity, so providing you and your colleagues with a daily laugh is hardly likely to be the job they are after.

i've noticed that sheffield seems to have a disproportionate number of grumpy bus drivers - though some of you are lovely :)

i assumed that the grumpiness is due to bad working conditions/pay/customers. am i right, or is it just that the bus companies attract miseries? :wink:

Archived