Looking for a good book set in Sheffield!

Snakey_B

You could try

Silent Playgrounds by Danuta Reah.

THE STORY CENTRES AROUND HUNTERS BAR/BINGHAM/ENDCLIFFE PARK (The Shepherds Wheel) AREA OF SHEFFIELD. Can't let on much more or I'll ruin the book for you. The author lives in Sheffield and has a good feel for the city and the surrounding area.

She has also written other books of a similar nature. Try E Bay and/or Amazon

One of Val McDermid's books is set in the peaks (sorry, can;t remember which), and mentions Sheffield (particularly Rivelin I think) quite a lot. There's mention of the village under the lake, however I think lots of place names are different, but easily recognisable. It's a good old-style detective story!

An author called Paul Adam wrote several fictional crime stories set in Sheffield, all with the same central character who was (I think) a journalist.

They are full of local references, and I got one on Amazon so I think they are still in print. (Check the synopsis before you buy, though, because he has written some that are not in this series, nor based in Sheffield)

One of Val McDermid's books is set in the peaks (sorry, can;t remember which), and mentions Sheffield (particularly Rivelin I think) quite a lot. There's mention of the village under the lake, however I think lots of place names are different, but easily recognisable. It's a good old-style detective story!

I was wondering about that, a lot of the references in her books seem similar to yorkshire and sheffield in particular... is it a common thing, or just me?

Archived