Looking for a good book set in Sheffield!

Snakey_B

I was wondering about that, a lot of the references in her books seem similar to yorkshire and sheffield in particular... is it a common thing, or just me?

It's a common thing! She sets a series of her book in a fictional city called Bradfield, and whenever I read them, I can't help but picture the mean streets round the cricket ground and ice cream van. :hihi:

(the one I mentioned earlier is called A Place of Execution).

I read one a few years ago that was based around Meadowhall and the cooling towers. It was set (if I remember correctly) in the fictional area of Brightfield (Brightside/Limpsfield?) I'll search through my books later and see if I can find the name of it. I also read one ages ago set around the Cathedral at the turn of the century. That wasn't very good though!

• 4 years later...
Im fancying reading a book thats set in sheffield.A ficitional story kinda like a detective story(if such a book exsists!) , but i cant find any using the net,any help ? Cheers

Try Tuppenny Hat Detective, in ebook or paperback

Tuppenny Hat Detetctive is set in Sheffield in 1951. Walkley / Rivelin area. It's written by me, so I think it's brilliant - well obviously I'm not going to tell you its crap am I?. However if you don't enjoy it I'll give a copper bottomed guarantee and another free book that you hate as well.

I read one a few years ago that was based around Meadowhall and the cooling towers. It was set (if I remember correctly) in the fictional area of Brightfield (Brightside/Limpsfield?) I'll search through my books later and see if I can find the name of it. I also read one ages ago set around the Cathedral at the turn of the century. That wasn't very good though!

I guess you never found the book then...Are you still looking ? Hell..oo ? :hihi:

Archived