Fishing - Graves Park

There are carp swimming around, probably about 12 but they spook easily. There's a lot of weed at the bottom of the pond at the end where the fish seem to be. It's not a hugely pleasant experience overall, there's an amount of algae and general rubbish floating at that end, too.

But not too bad for an hour or so on a summer's evening!

Yeah, I've had a quick gander and didn't think it looked too great. That was ages ago though.

I may give it a whirl anyway. I live close by and don't have transport, so it's not easy to get to other places if none of my mates are driving there.

Cheers for the response.

Also, if anybody knows of any places to fish that are easy to reach by bus from Chesterfield Road I would appreciate a pointer. (I'm not from Sheffield so apart from the city centre I'm not too clued up on the surrounding areas).

Thanks.

Cheers for the help on this one, much appreciated.

As I mentioned, I don't have my own transport, or knowledge of the outskirts of Sheffield, so if anyone can point me in the direction of a pond, lake etc. where I can hop a bus from town and jump off pretty close to it, I would appreciate it. I know of the one in Crooksmoor....but that's it.

Cheers.

Plenty of places depending what type of fishing you like.

Some iv'e fished are

There are plenty of places with easy access on the Don - Tram to Middlewood or Hillsborough, off the Wicker or lower down at meadowhall. I havn't fished it too much but as far as i can tell at middlewood theres plenty of trout and the odd chub/Roach/barbel - trhe lower down you go the less trout and more coarse fish you get.

Crookes Park lake for good roach fishing.

Bus up to Bradfield for Damflask reservoir (£4 a day roach/bream & pike mostly).

Archived