Sheffield Sharks

Dont suppose anyone went to Birmingham today to watch Sharks in the Play Off semis?!

Was a good day overall, we played good, if not a bit sloppy at times, got through to the final after beating London Towers 94 - 88.

Hopefully we might get our hands on our second trophy this season, and the one thats eluded us for 10 years!! :) :)

Well i guess no-one else went but me then! hehe, we won in the final the next day against Chester!! Really great day, exciting end to the season! Only 5 mths to wait for new one now...... :(

Sometimes the games do lack atmosphere, not enough promotion to get new fans in at times....but i think its mainly due to the difference in quality between the teams in the league, there's a big gap from the top to the bottom (like Sharks/Brighton Bears who are at the top to Birmingham Bullets and Leicester Riders who are at the bottom, and very close to folding:(), so the odd game can be such a one sided event and a bit boring! That doesnt create a good game of basketball! Generally though, the games are entertaining, i couldnt stop going now if i tried, im addicted! The good games outweigh the odd bad ones!

The whole BBL setup is a loooooooong way off NBA standards, lots more funding, better venues, better promotion/exposure is needed to even get close! I would love to see the sport grow more over here and be even a quarter as popular as the NBA, but there needs to be some major changes before that could happen!

Archived