Informal German language group?

sarbo

Hi

Does anyone know if there's an informal German language group in Sheffield, where you just chat away in German? I used to be fluent in German and am getting really rusty! Help!

PM me, anyone who knows of a group or would like to set one up.

Thanks

sarbo

There used to be (and I believe still is) a 'Deutscher Stammtisch' at the 197 Club, loosely affiliated with the University of Sheffield. I think the name of the guy who runs it now is Josep Korbar. They used to meet on Wednesday evening. They may be having a break during August, though.

Hope this is of some use.

Sheena at Every Dance

Hey, Sarbo,

The 197 Club is opposite the (Uni of Sheffield) Arts Tower, and a bit before the Octagon. It's a few yards on from that huge roundabout. The Club is at number 197 - hence the name. They may have Josep's tel. no. or e-mail address, but otherwise try getting in touch with the language (German) dept of the uni.

I know it's still a bit vague, but I think you should be able to come up with something from there.

Viel Glueck.

Sheena

Archived