Help me with a good bar!

lassie

Hi there..

I need some advice I am new to Sheffield(and new to the forum) I have a friend coming over to visit me and I would like to impress her for a good night out , classy places for a girly night out..any suggestions would be great..

Ta

dont listen to these people, stick around division street / west street

Yeah, 'good' Irish bars is debatable. There are Irish bars, put it that way. They're a bit grotty though. That 'Kennedy Room' in the D&P is just downright wierd, what sort of oddballs fill a room with photos of a dead president (Irish connections or not)? :huh: Me n the missus went in there to meet friends, all suited and booted, folk looked at us like we'd stepped out of a spaceship or summat. Not sure it would meet requirements for a 'glamourous' night out. There's one called the 'Irish Heartland' opposite the Bristol Hotel, never been in but it looks a lot cleaner than the rest!

dont listen to these people, stick around division street / west street

Depending on what you're looking for, there are many bars around Sheffield City Centre. Div St / West St caters for the masses, but if you're wanting something 'different' then around the cathedral and Peace Gardens/Tudor Sq/Arundell Gate Triangle would be much better for a night out.

Archived