Why must men always make the first move?

slimsid2000

Am I the only person here who thinks it rather unfair that it is still (in 2006) expected that men must make the first move when meeting a potential partner?

This, I feel, is particulary hard on shy men and those who do not really know what is expected of them. It is much worse being a shy man than a shy woman in my opinion.

Your views please.

Oh do stop going on this not being 'fair', or that not being 'fair' Slim - what in life is fair?!? You're in this world, get used to it or keep shying away from it - your choice.

Did you watch the TV program last night, on how to chat to (and ultimately chat-up) women?

Could you elaborate please.

Yes, Slimsid, I'd love to. Women tend to be a little more subtle when flirting, the twist of the hair.. flicker of the eye lids, the coy smile, and the odd touch as they're talking to you.. Apparently.

The thing is Sid, if a woman were to make the first move then a shy, nervous bloke like you would be scared off anyway, so that gains you what???

Some women will make the first move, but my guess is that they are not the type you would want anyhow.

I have been picked up in a club in my single days by a girl introducing herself with the line "You're not going home tonight, you're coming with me" (and I dutifully obeyed, it would have been rude not to), but I feel from your posts that you are looking for something more than that.

Best of luck

Archived