Why must men always make the first move?

slimsid2000

seems fair to me. women got the bad deal I think. You know child birth, monthly cycles etc.

<Expects barrage of assault from feminist types...>

Not at all. I agree. You'd be more than welcome to take the burden of menstruation and childbirth. Damn medical science and its slow rate of progression!

Sid, blokes don't always have to make the first move. Really. That doesn't mean that you're likely to get swept off your feet (well, not very often anyway). Most women tend to be rather subtle. I wonder if you're just really oblivious to others' signals?

Sid, blokes don't always have to make the first move. Really. That doesn't mean that you're likely to get swept off your feet (well, not very often anyway). Most women tend to be rather subtle. I wonder if you're just really oblivious to others' signals?

Yes I could well be.

By make the first move I meant come up to me and start talking.

Im going to regret this, i know it.

I have never made the first move in my life! I really wouldnt know where to start or have the guts to do it.

Most men are pretty slow on the uptake. They often make the "first" move after 3 months of blatant hinting. Poor Sid...he's probably got a bevvy of beauties lusting after him and he doesn't even realise.

Most men are pretty slow on the uptake. They often make the "first" move after 3 months of blatant hinting. Poor Sid...he's probably got a bevvy of beauties lusting after him and he doesn't even realise.

Well I have to admit that im as subtle as a knee in the groin and ive had dozens of girlfriends tell me that they went through hell to try to get me to realise that they were interested, including my current one!

I cant help it, im thick:D

...By make the first move I meant come up to me and start talking.

Well, that certainly isn't the case then. I don't know. What sort of signals do you give off? Do tend to look serious and unapproachable? Are you expecting most encounters to be of the potential-girlfriend nature? Do you come across as trying too hard?

You just need to relax, forget about finding a woman as anything other than a friend, and let it progress naturally.

Hecate is right. Most of the women Ive had as girlfriends started out as friends first.

Theres a danger here though, because once Ive had a woman as a friend for a while I no longer see her as being in the slightest bit sexually attractive. No matter how pretty she is or how much she starts to play up to me, so theres a rather tight window of opportunity for the lucky girl.

Archived