Why must men always make the first move?

slimsid2000

Guest Pauly

My contact lenses are called Johnson&Johnson 'Moists' and the young lass who recommended them at D&A visibly cringed when she told me the name.

Ruby's onto somethin' there mithinks. Steer clear of the M word. :thumbsup:

I'll also agree with a previous poster who said that shy doesn't work. Completely true mate so if you really want to be noticed you HAVE to put yourself out there in some way or another. Don't just stand in the corner waiting because you'll be waiting forever. Things that have worked for me in the past have been meeting people through friends or online dating sites. A good one I found when I was in my early 20s was working behind the bar. The girls have to talk to you in order to get a drink so if you have a bit of a laugh with them and be friendly while you're getting what they want they might just come back, and come back again. I know you're in your mid 30s but why not try getting an evening job in a bar where your kind of girls go out. Even if you don't pull for a while you'll be widening your social circle. :thumbsup:

I don't think men make the first move as said...it's women being subtle... then the guy reacts to this. (Sometimes...this sounds daft, but...its on a subconscious level unbeknown to the female herself too ! )

I think the best kind of dating are the ones that you don't really notices until it hits you in the face, and a lightbulb goes on in both your heads. :)

Otherwise, it's always a case of, one liking the other one more. When we don't look for a partner, then we'll find one. It's true...because we're more relaxed. More sociable, and enjoying our own lives. It portrays across to others.

Sid, why don't you just try and 'notices' whether girls give you a signal or not, without you actively trying to think of a way that makes them notices you. I know that some men are very 'on the ball' when a girl make a subtle gesture. Same as the guy who he first meets a girl. His eyes 'widen' and give out this 'shiny eye' thing... I read that in a mag once, and didn't really believe it, but these days, I do notices such things, you know ? It's all very subconscious.

apparently "moist" is the word most disliked by women ... it makes most of us feel sick ... closely followed by the word "flesh" ...

hmmmm ... *ponder* ... yes - forced to agree ... :hihi:

Apologies to you and every other woman on the Forum for making you all feel sick. I'm afraid I have to admit it is probably my favourite five letter word, closely followed by the word "sheer". Does that make you sick also?

Apologies to you and every other woman on the Forum for making you all feel sick. I'm afraid I have to admit it is probably my favourite five letter word, closely followed by the word "sheer". Does that make you sick also?

I didn't say women on the Forum, it was just something I read somewhere ... but I have to admit that both the words I mentioned do make me feel a bit yuk somehow ... weird isn't it?

Sheer? Sheer drop, sheer stockings, sheer cheek? *ponder* no, nowt wrong wi that .... :D

Not this crap again! :roll:

How would you know Sid? You never get out there to find out! Other people have said similar, but if you're gonna spend your life thinking "woe is me" and doing nothing about it except worrying, pondering and posting stupid ****** topics on the internet, then you WILL remain single.

I'm not the sort of bloke who could boldly stride up to a girl but I've rarely been without one, you just need to know the signs and act on them once you've got the green light. Like Sophie mentioned, you'll be kicking yourself for ever if all you got is a series of 'what ifs'.

Now get out of the house, do something about it and leave us alone! :rant:

Not this crap again! :roll:

How would you know Sid? You never get out there to find out! Other people have said similar, but if you're gonna spend your life thinking "woe is me" and doing nothing about it except worrying, pondering and posting stupid f*ckin topics on the internet, then you WILL remain single.

I'm not the sort of bloke who could boldly stride up to a girl but I've rarely been without one, you just need to know the signs and act on them once you've got the green light. Like Sophie mentioned, you'll be kicking yourself for ever if all you got is a series of 'what ifs'.

Now get out of the house, do something about it and leave us alone! :rant:

Well said!!!:thumbsup:

It isn't healthy being stuck next to your PC every day. As much as the internet is a great tool for meeting people, you need to get out there into the real world and show 'em what you made of.

Can anyone tell me how important eye contact and a smile are before talking to a girl? If I don't get any eye contact or smile from a girl and she is busy talking to other girls in a group is it worth bothering approaching them?

many thanks.

Can anyone tell me how important eye contact and a smile are before talking to a girl? If I don't get any eye contact or smile from a girl and she is busy talking to other girls in a group is it worth bothering approaching them?

many thanks.

Does this guy ever listen?? :loopy:

many thanks.

Sid, go read a book on it or something. You seem to think there's hard-and-fast rules, there's not so stop ****** about and wasting our/your time on dissecting it. :mad:

Do you get eye contact and a smile often? Is it that much of a dilemma for you? Probably not. If you carry on with women like you do here you've got no chance. That said, pay them as much attention as you do your PC and you'll be flying!

Please give it a rest, go out of your house and hopefully come back to us with some good news.

Archived