Speedway Thursday... Wow!

Went to the Speedway at Owlerton last night, for the first time in about 30 years.. had forgotten what a good night out it was - great racing, dramatic, several spectacular crashes, but luckily no one badly hurt.

Not much hanging about - a really good 2 hours or so.

Lovely the way your innards vibrate with the noise when they take off at the start...

So that's why we lost at home for the first time in two years....stay away Rod!

Just joking, but you're right it's a seriously good night. The smell, noise, terraces, not to mention pork sandwiches and pint of Carling, all add up to a fun cheap night.

What other motorcycle sport has no brakes!

So that's why we lost at home for the first time in two years....stay away Rod!

Just joking, but you're right it's a seriously good night. The smell, noise, terraces, not to mention pork sandwiches and pint of Carling, all add up to a fun cheap night.

What other motorcycle sport has no brakes!

I agree! It's a brilliant night out, I go every Thursday. Still can't believe we lost at home:o

is there still the stong smell of cinder?

I haven't been back to the sheffield sports stadium for at least 25 years, although last year I enjoyed the speedway at the BMF rally, although it wasn't all that competitive and most of the riders were bald grey haired blokes well into the saga recieving generation.. Riding classic machines.

Last time I went to sheffield speedway it was Flyer Wyer & Reg Wilson

Archived