Running trainers

LL200

Hi,

No treadmills there that I'm aware of - it's physically a small shop. But they are all experienced runners there; and they like you to take an old pair of trainers if you can, to see how youi've worn. They do watch you walk in them and have one of those ramp things too....but not as high-tech as a treadmill or computer analysis.

But they are good. And friendly.

Regards,

Ade

I went to the shop in Attercliffe on saturday to buy some trainers on SF recommendation. :thumbsup:

I have to say that although better than your bog standard sports shop they didn't really offer an awful lot. They looked at the way I stood with my feet hip width apart and then brought out 3 pairs of trainers. Considering I have problems with my ankle and shins (which I mentioned) there was no real assessment. :suspect:

Having said that I bought a pair for £80 which my fitness instructor friend said was very expensive. He goes to a place in Portsmouth where they assess you for a good 30 mins (and the trainers are about £20 cheaper). I haven't worn them yet as I am contemplating taking them back and looking for someone to do a full assessment.

Anywhere else I can try in the region?

They were ok. Just think I need a more indepth service. I did tell them they came highly recommended on here and was met with a blank look :|

if you can get to peterborough and its' fengate trading estate there's a shop there called advance performance where every pair of trainers are sold on the basis of gait analysis (the treadmill bit). and at no extra cost. i used to live there and still get my trainers from there. large range of stock, friendly knowledgeable staff, reasonable (ie normal) prices. well worth the trip.

There is a shop in Bradford, you go on the treadmills and they video your running style. Based on the assessment they recommend various pairs of trainers. I ended up buying pair of Asics, and they're spot on!

Can't remember the name of the shop, but their literature is always in Runners World.

Archived