Bicycling from Sheffied to London?

Well, it sound like a good idea; all we need is riders.

Jerry

Actually it's not such an insane idea. You can get to within 10 miles - certainly inside the M25 - of the centre of London on lanes and reasonably quiet roads. From there it gets a bit more 'sporting' but it's still an enjoyble experience. I commuted for eight years by bike from Muswell Hill to the Tower of London, and I reckon you'd be surprised how quiet a ride most of it was.

Anyone interested in Bicycling from Sheffield to London? Hopefully, someone there can organize one. I should matter if there are just a few to a large group. Maybe, do it once a year or once a month. Porbably, once a year for me, I live in California. Since this summer is almost gone, maybe next year in May/June/July (whatever month is best). Any type of feedback is good on this subject.

I am not a pro, just an amateur bicyclist; so, this should be just for fun and not a race.

Let me know your opinions.

Jerry

Heres a idea, how about doing a sponsered cycle down to London in a day ride next July to coincide with the start of next years Tour de France which starts in London on July.

Cycling approx 180 miles in a day wouldnt be that much of a problem for me.

It would be an excellent idea to organise a ride from shef to london for the prologue of the tour de france next year which is to be held in london. Thats worth riding down for!

EDIT: Isn't it annoying when someone submits a post as you saying the same thing at the same time! Can't be helped...

As for riding 180 miles in a day, that would be a problem for a lot of people, myself included!

"do it once a year or once a month"

i just did 34 miles to ladybower and back on sunday morning (before you lot were out of bed :D :D ) and it nearly killed me :o:D

once in a life time would be one too many times for me :D :D

JJ..

Can you even get there on safe roads?

As a cyclist myself, cars wind me up and im sure its the same the other way round. If you do plan to do it, take some james bond stingers and dont take any sh*t from the cars.

Archived