Fighting Cock, Monteney

milted

You must be Terry's son then. I use to play for the pool team, we had pretty useful side then.

Yes, I remember all the pub teams winning all sorts of awards and trophies - the cabinets in the tap room used to be rammed full with silverware! I also remember my dad getting me out of bed so I could meet Roger Wylde and Mel Sterland I think it was, who presented the trophies to the football team - think I just said 'Who are you?' :)

Had a good time living there but I think the long hours and decline in pub-trade (First £1 pint as I recall) nearly killed my parents!

If I remember rightly, I had my 16th:wink: 17th :heyhey:18th :bigsmile:19th & 20ieth at the ****. Didn't go out on my 21st cus I did my back in.

They had quite a comfy carpark as well, many time I couldn't be arsed to walk up the road so rolled up my coat and bedded myself down for the night.

Aaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!! The glorious memorys of a misspent youth.:hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived