Railway Museum at York

milted

As an out and out anorack with steam blowing out of my ear'oles I've got to say, the NRM is fantastic with lots of parking. The disabled spaces are very near the entrance. Like GingerBloke says,there are a few different levels but each one is connected either by stairlift, lift, or ramp. It's best to go in the week when the kids are in school. I have to go there often to take Sam, my three year old grandson. Well, thats my excuse.

• 6 months later...

so is this place any good for kids, one of my lads is 4 next month and train mad, so were thinking of taking our brood as a b.day treat for him. our kids are aged between 9yrs and 7months (though not expecting youngest to be bothered)

Its great for kids. Our boy was nearly 4 and had a ball

If memory serves me correct it was free to get in, but take plenty!

Food isn't cheap and watch out for the Thomas stall!

We were there most of a day, but also outside as it was nice weather. There's attractions outside you see.

Jim:thumbsup:

so is this place any good for kids, one of my lads is 4 next month and train mad, so were thinking of taking our brood as a b.day treat for him. our kids are aged between 9yrs and 7months (though not expecting youngest to be bothered)

if you are going before the end of this week, Thomas the Tank engine will be there. (A ride on Thomas does cost, mind you) which might go a long way to entertaining the kiddies

I took my granddaughter, a couple of years ago, (she was four) and she thought it was absolutely fantastic. (I was reasonably impressed, too!)

Archived