Christmas Parties/Lunches/Dinner Megathread....

marycrookes

For the last 4 years iv'e organised christmas evening dinner out and we have gone to the Embassy on Mansfield road and it includes live entertainment we usualy go on the night what is available to see the Soul Sound there brilliant. And there are a mixed bunch of us I work in a school so you will know what i mean. It's a real party attmosphere check it out give them a ring they will send you a menue and forthcoming attractions. Or better still pop in and try a sunday lunch foods great plenty of it and more if you ask at christmas and it's HOT !!!

The Blue Room at Woodseats (is that South?) is nice for a party. They do big round tables for most parties (make sure you ask when booking) which means you are not all seated on a long thin table and can't see anyone. Also the bar is a big area when you come in which gives a good atmosphere, not sitting in someones converted front room. Service is usually excellent and the place has atmosphere. Food has been variable over the years but the last twice it has been good. Going a week on Saturday so I'll try to update thoughts.

Other place if it's around Christmas is Baldwins Omega off Psalter Lane, great party venue, fabulous food, real professionalism at work. They do party nights when you can have a smaller party but all the facilities of a big place, plus it's usually busy so there is a good atmosphere.

• 11 months later...

at work we are trying to find a decent place to go for our christmas meal, we want somwhere that will be doing a traditional turkey with all the trimmings meal and preferably in the centre of town or up towards Broomhill. Any ideas please??

Thanx in advance

Archived