Christmas Parties/Lunches/Dinner Megathread....

marycrookes

Good to hear Andy watkins.....

A party of 7 of us went to Silversmiths a couple of Thursdays ago.... 3 out of the 7 meals had to be returned... 1 steak ordered well done was rare..... 1 sausage and mash had very cold mash......... and the Yorkshire blue tart was cold too.... I have to say that the service was great (despite we all ate at different times due to the returns) and the meals fine once brough back to us. If only the kitchen staff were as good as the guy you might call the Maitre D. He was great and dealt with us very well.... and he gave us a sizeable discount. Would have perhaps been more understandable had it been busy but there were less than a dozen folk in all evening.

Wouldn't write Silversmiths off yet but would genuinely expect a much better experience next time.

Hi guys, i'm looking for somewhere (preferably West St area) that can cater for around 40-50 people for a Christmas Party. I understand that in mid-November i'm a bit late in the day to book one, but i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that might be good? We went to Cubana last year, and it was fantastic, so anywhere like that would be ace.

Thanks for any help, i really appreciate it.

Tom.

That’s a shame about the food – at least they did a good job with the service... I have been to so many restaurants in Sheffield that don’t seem to do anything about things like that. I think that 1 of the things that made Silversmiths stand out to me, all the staff were really friendly and seemed bothered about their customers which is what I expect if I’m going out for a decent meal...

There’s quite a few places that don’t seem to have that attitude (won’t name and shame!) but having the initiative to deal with complaints is a big plus. I bet Gordon taught Silversmiths a few lessons about customer service(or maybe he just tells people to f *** off! ;)

Archived